Me-Me Monday is all about us getting to know each other. Each and every one of my readers is important to me. Today, let’s dish about how we spend our money.
Some items are worth spending a little extra for an upgrade…and some aren’t. Today, I’ll share a few of my splurges and a few of my scrimps. I hope you’ll be inspired to share yours.
- Dental Floss — Oral B Glide really is worth the extra money. It never shreds and leaves those annoying little fibers between my teeth.
- Toilet paper — I don’t want to walk like John Wayne, so I buy Charmin.
- Blue Jeans — I am 5′ 6″. I am not tall, but my legs are about 32″ long. The pants they sell at Kohl’s and at Walmart are too short. So I buy the on-brand jeans, usually at Gap. Not wearing flood pants = priceless.
- Downy fabric softener — I’ve tried the less expensive brands. My clothes felt like sandpaper and smelled like a discount perfume factory.
- Options for my eyeglasses — I always pay for the anti-fog and the anti-glare coating. They look less like coke bottle lenses that way.
- Transportation — My vehicle is a 2000 model. It wasn’t the top of the line when I bought it. In fact, it has crank windows and push-button locks. However, it gets me where I want to go, and I have no monthly payment. Who cares if people think I’m trashy because I drive an old, ugly vehicle?
- Underwear — Hanes for Women is the same as Victoria’s Secret to me. In fact, Hanes is better. They survive more journeys through the washer and dryer and cost a fraction of Victoria’s Secret underwear. Now, if I could look like this is in Victoria’s Secret underwear…I might buy their expensive product.
- Bed Linens — The sheets I buy at Walmart for $35 last longer than the sheets I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond for $75.
- Over the counter medications — I always buy the store brand. It’s tons cheaper and works just as well.
- Hair products — I do buy at Sally Beauty Supply, which isn’t the same as buying the $2 special at Walmart. I won’t buy what they sell in the salon. Yes, it is good. I still don’t think it’s worth the $$$.
The first book in my Peri Jean Mace Ghost Thriller series is FREE right now. Click here to download it from a retailer.
Or join my mailing list. By joining my mailing list, you’ll not only get Forever Road as a free download, you’ll also get a few extra goodies.